What Is SEO?
There are a variety of ways through which people may hear about your brand. Search engines (like Google and Bing) are one of best ways for customers, new and old, to find you. Now, if your site can play nicely with search engines’ rules (also known as algorithms), they’ll reward you in kind by driving relevant traffic to your site. But it requires a lot of work, something we call “search engine optimization”.
In sum, the goal of optimizing a website for search means that the user experience not only needs to be flawless, but that the content you produce on it regularly—and it needs to be regularly—is relevant to what your audience needs.
The Benefits of SEO
If you’re going to conduct business online, then you need help in driving traffic to your site. The first place everyone should start is SEO.
Here are some reasons why:
- Optimizing your site for search will drive traffic to your site over the long term. This is not a one-and-done type of result.
- Search optimization efforts actually make your site better and stronger.
- Traffic that finds your site through search tends to be more relevant, which results in more meaningful connections with your audience.
- By creating a clear “search” identity that users can easily find, you’re greatly improving your site’s chances to convert visitors to paying customers.
- SEO focuses on organic search results, which means you don’t have to pay to get these leads.