At the end of the day, your goal in creating a website is to generate business. However, it’s not always realistic to assume that people will immediately convert upon their first visit. This is why the strategic placement of forms is an essential part of every site’s design. With these forms, you can incentivize visitors with a free giveaway in exchange for their email. Or you can use the forms to collect a more comprehensive profile on your visitors.During the process of building your site, we’ll determine the optimal way to convince visitors to hand over their contact information to you. But having those email addresses and other contact points isn’t enough. Once you have a way to contact them, it’s time to reach out.
What Is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is exactly what it sounds like. You use email as a way to stay in touch with prospective and existing customers.
Email is a ridiculously powerful tool: we use it to constantly stay in touch with friends, family, coworkers, clients, and customers. And there’s a lot that can be done with it when you employ the right set of tools and a trustworthy designer to boost your communication efforts. The end goal then is to take that list of contacts you’ve amassed from your site and market to them directly through email campaigns that provide value and create a return.
The Benefits of Email Marketing
As simple as email marketing may seem, there are so many different ways in which you can use emails to market to your audience. You can use them to:
- Expand your sphere of influence.
- Build a relationship with customers through regular touchpoints (e.g. welcome emails, “we’re thinking about you”, related product notifications).
- Stay top-of-mind with visitors who are on the fence about signing up.
- Establish more credibility with your audience by sharing thought-provoking content with actionable tips.
- Contact them about special deals, events, new products, and more.